Commercial activities at Shoprite, Alausa, Ikeja were paralyzed early this morning when fire gutted Mr. PRICE, one of the most patronised clothing outfits in the shopping complex.
The fire incident which started at 11 AM compelled workers to activate the alarm system, forcing those in the complex to run for safety. What followed was pandemonium and poor visibility as security operative battled to condone off the area and prevent shoppers from getting to the smoke-filled shop and surrounding area in the complex.
Workers battled unsuccessfully to put off the fire until men from the Lagos State Fire Service just behind the building arrived the scene 10 minutes later.
As at the time of sending the report, officials of the fire service were still battling with the inferno. The cause of the fire could not be ascertained but we gathered that it is connected with faulty electrical fittings.